Offers Lab-Proven Solutions to Simplify and Lower Surveillance Costs
This new offering will encompass Isilon at the core and a new highly customized VNX-VSS100 at the edge.
- Surveillance equipment market to reach $26B in 2018; growing 2X faster than IT Market
- Government, City Surveillance, and Transportation—will account for 58% of all VSS storage expenditures in 2018. See chart and examples below:
- The market for enterprise storage solutions in security is forecast to grow by a 14.8% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the next five years; the market for IT hardware is slated to grow by a more modest CAGR of 6.2% during this time.
- Analytics is going to drive the majority of the decisions around VSS and IT departments are playing a key role in selecting new VSS platforms
Protecting people, critical infrastructure and information from deliberate or accidental threats is serious business—and it’s a business that’s growing exponentially. Fueled by physical security investments, organizations require a shift to open, scalable “edge-to-core” architecture that reliably interoperates in both a distributed environment—with many “edge” (close to cameras) locations—and a central “core” location that natively supports next-generation analytics workflows. Today, EMC Corporation announced a new surveillance solutions, new test and validation capabilities within its labs, and expanded partnerships to offer an open, flexible and cost-effective platform for video content storage and analysis.
- New EMC VNX-VSS100 storage system is purpose-built and configured for the “edge”—highly distributed video surveillance environments
- New EMC Isilon capabilities provide reliable scale-out data lake storage model for petabyte-scale video surveillance requirements at the “core”
- EMC expands partnerships and completes lab validation and testing with leading physical security distributors and video management software providers
Designed for large, highly distributed video surveillance environments, EMC is introducing a new, purpose-built, EMC VNX-VSS100 storage system for the edge. This is based on the VNX platform that delivers uncompromising availability, simplicity, and affordability. The new VNX-VSS100 storage array complements EMC Isilon, an ideal scale-out data lake solution for highly scalable, large camera environments at the core.
In addition, EMC is announcing incremental investments to expand the company’s existing lab validations enable customers to leverage technologies from leading video surveillance partners including Genetec, Verint, and Milestone that have been validated and tested on both VNX-VSS and Isilon. Together, these integrated video surveillance solutions offer customers an open and adaptable platform simplifying deployment and mitigating risk. EMC’s partnerships with leading video surveillance Distributors, Systems Integrators and Video Management Software Providers offer customers an open, flexible and cost-effective video surveillance solution for large-scale, Edge-to-Core deployments. The VNX-VSS100 and Isilon are available globally today.
To learn more about EMC’s Video Surveillance products and solutions, contact Presidio and find us on Twitter: @Presidio @raphmeyer